Ah, summertime! School is out, and bored kids (and adults) manage to find ways to get themselves hunted in the woods. Summer horror movies reflect the frisky and fun side of the genre. Time to break out those campfire tales and conspiracy theories. And, spend far too much idle time at a lonely cabin in the woods. Good thing there’s cell phone coverage out here right? No? Well, good luck!
As the temperatures rise, and people get time off, as tradition holds, we all know that people will opt to do foolish things when they get some vacation time in the dog days of summer.
- Go on a road trip! Explore the rustic country roads in rural, largely forgotten stretches of wilderness. Free of cell phone coverage. Far from the nearest tow truck. Maybe that big old house on the hill has a phone?
- Time to go to the beach! The water’s fine. And so is the local fauna. They are quite happy to have you as a wriggling buffet.
- Time to go camping! You won’t believe the deal I got on this VRBO. It’s secluded and quiet. Yes, it resembles a fishing shack, but it was such a deal! This is the perfect place to feel the evening wind and listen to the cicadas… and the soft crunch of approaching footsteps.
- Or perhaps you’re a tween. The time when hormones rage and bullies come in all shapes and sizes. Don’t worry, they’ll get theirs eventually. You get sent to a summer camp because your parents have to work and can’t have you sitting around the house doing option… which would inevitably includes:
- Watching horror movies! Summer free time leads to lots of slumber parties. And slumber parties mean watching things that you weren’t supposed to do. Stay up all night and watch R-Rated horror movies with your pals. … Or, maybe that was just me.
Hot fun in the summertime! Listen to the Scariest Things as we compare notes. This Episode, each of us comes away with some necessary homework!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply